So, to start off, there are many ways to display a map on your website and make it look good, but I still found a way how to make it yours and individual:
- you can have your own pin icon
- you can add pictures to your Map
- you can add html codes to it!
Seems awesome huh? Well let’s get started:
what you need:
- a google account
- save the map you want and add it to your places
- then click on the red EDIT button
- click on the pin and edit it to your needs (note: you can insert pictures, html codes and other things into it!”
- when you done click on save and done
- click on the “link” button (right image) and then on “customize and preview embedded map”
- You’re done! just insert the html code into your Website.
- (Tipp…Google has made the maps not scrollable by default, but you can change them in the code at scrolling=”no” to “yes”
here the example of a san francisco map with scrolling enabled: